Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Family Heritage










About 15-17 years ago, when I was just a teenager, I used to love to dig through thrift and antique stores with my friends. I came across a plain white/cream colored, slip type of dress. I just fell in love with the dress. I didn't know its history or even if it was an antique. I just loved the simplicity of the dress. I thought one day God would give me a little girl. I could dress her up and take her picture in the dress. The dress is handmade and very simple but I knew that one day my daughter's beauty would make the dress beautiful. Well, I have been blessed with three beautiful daughters. I decided to take them at age one, to one of my favorite places in Kansas City, Loose Park, to take their pictures. I started with Isabelle when she was just one year old.
I also took Courtney when she was one. Her birthday is in July so the roses in the garden were in full bloom!
Now, I have taken Sarah. She is two and half and the dress still fits! It is a lot shorter on her but still just as beautiful!
I love looking at these pictures and seeing the girls similarities and differences. I also love looking at them in amazement, an realize how blessed I really am!

*I tried to put these pictures in order but for some reason this program
kept moving them. See if you can tell who's who?*