Friday, June 15, 2007

Summer Reading at the Library


Every summer the kids can not wait for the summer reading program at the library to start. This year the theme is pirates. The kids are rewarded for every 20 books they read/or read to, with a free book. Isabelle is leading the pack with 68 books read so far. The program was kicked off with a huge pirate party. The library had a funny story teller, face painting, free eye patches, etc. I had my first taste of the preteens ( I think). We all dressed up at home and every one looked so good. When we arrived at the library Jesse saw a friend from school. He instantly ripped off his costume and did not want to be seen with me and my "daycare":) I made him put his stuff back on for a picture but you can tell he is not really happy about it. I knew the day was coming when it would not be so cool for him to hang out with me. Oh well, he still needed me to help him find the books from the card catalog. I guess I still good for something!